The Department of Energy (DOE)
and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
have both endorsed ground source heat pump systems as among the most energy efficient and environmentally friendly heating, cooling, and water heating systems available. In a 1993 report, the EPA concluded that geothermal technologies represent a major opportunity for reducing national energy use and pollution, while delivering comfort, reliability and savings to homeowners.
Let us determine if your site and/or existing house is suitable for a GSHP system. They are adaptable to many single family or multi-family residences and can be installed on almost any size lot. Many houses can be retrofitted with a GSHP using the ductwork that is already there.
Ground Source Heat Pumps offer great benefits:
- Can be a combination heating/cooling and hot water heating system
- Some can save you up to 50% on your water-heating bill by preheating tank water
- Made of mechanical components that are either buried in the ground or located inside the home
- About the same size as a traditional heating/cooling unit
- Pipe carries up to a 50-year warranty
- Can cut energy consumption by 20 to 50% and reduce maintenance costs
- Keep the air warmer in the winter (90 -105¡ F) and at a more consistent temperature throughout the home, eliminating the hot and cold spots common with other systems
- Very quiet, providing a pleasant environment inside & outside the home
- No noisy fan units to disturb outdoor activities
- No exposed equipment outdoors; children or pets cannot injure themselves or damage exterior units
- No open flame, flammable fuel or potentially dangerous fuel storage tanks